We are a free, donation supported, medical consultation service that connects patients directly to a doctor.
How it works
Learn about our process
You’re just a few steps away from the care you deserve
Click the Become a patient button to register and complete your patient intake form. Our staff will review your application and assign you to a doctor. Your new doctor will quickly respond to your medical concerns via text-based chat - no video call, phone call, or appointment necessary
Complete your patient intake form
Be assigned to a doctor
Receive professional care via text on our secure Care website - FOR FREE
Frequently asked questions
What is MyFreeDoctor?
How do I get care?
- We are only able to accept a certain number of patients each day
- If we are accepting patients, there will be a button that says "SIGN UP HERE"
- Once you click that button, you will be asked to create an account with a unique email address
- BE SURE YOU TURN ON EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS!! This is how we alert you to new messages
I signed up, what next?
- Expected wait times are 24-48 hours AFTER you have completed your Patient Intake Form
- PLEASE DO NOT MAKE MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS!
- Watch your email for notifications of new messages
- The MOST IMPORTANT thing is to turn on email notifications
- To do this: log into your account > go to PROFILE > click the small cog wheel above and to the left of your name for Settings > click Notification settings > turn on email notification and confirm we have the best email for you
How long before I get a response?
- We are still a small team of volunteers working as hard as we can with a huge demand for our services, we usually respond in less than 24 hours
- If it has been more than 24 hours and you still have not received a response, please message us again on the Care website
How do I get my prescriptions?
- MyFreeDoctor is a donation-based medical consultation service. Once you create an account and complete the Patient Intake Form, we will connect you with a doctor who will review your information and determine the best treatment protocol
- After the doctor has decided on the best treatment course, they will send an electronic prescription directly to the pharmacy that YOU choose. We can suggest some mail-order options upon request. You can also find them under the PHARMACY LIST tab at the bottom of this website
- Once the doctors have sent the e-Rx order to your pharmacy of choice, you must call the pharmacy yourself to arrange payment and shipping
- Please Note: We DO NOT accept insurance and will not offer a prior authorization or pre-authorization for medications. This is a function of insurance and we are not able to accommodate these requests.
Stay up to date
MyFreeDoctor is busy changing the way the medical system works! We are adding new services and features to make it easier for you to stay healthy
Register today with MyFreeDoctor Enjoy the gift of good health!
You don’t need to manage your health or navigate the medical system alone. MyFreeDoctor gives you access to a team of doctors who will listen to your concerns and are dedicated to supporting you and your health.